Become A Glowing, More Energetic And Healthier You With The Raw Food Lifestyle
The raw food lifestyle is quite a dietary change compared to a simple “diet” as you know it. In fact, your focus is on adopting a healthy way of living, to flush out excess fluids and detoxify your body.
How does it work?
The raw food diet is, as the name implies, a purely raw diet. This may sound easy as it saves a lot of work – cooking and preparing the food. The fact is, of course, that this nutrition form is less expensive than others, too.
However, it can be quite exhausting, especially for people who are used to having cooked, baked and fried food on their daily menu.
Getting used to this type of diet naturally takes time and perseverance, It pays off in the long term, however, because you are doing something wholesome for your body and soul. Plus, you are going to lose weight in a healthy way.
What are you going to eat when consuming raw foods?
The great thing about the raw food diet is that there are many nourishing and delicious foods that you can and should consume. There is, most definitely, a wide variety on the plate, and you do not ever have to worry about it getting boring or one-sided. The new lifestyle meal plan includes foods such as:
1. Cereals, in the form of nut or vegetable bread, which you can find in the organic store or health food store.
2. Lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, plant-based oils and spices that are good for our taste buds.
3. Raw fish, such as salmon.
4. You can also resort to healthy and tasty raw meats if you are to vegan or vegetarian. .
5. Dairy products such as yogurts are also allowed, but you should only consume them in moderation.
What foods are not allowed on a raw diet?
With the raw food diet, you, unfortunately, have to do without some of the products that you are used to otherwise. n this category belong for example:
1. You cannot eat potatoes and legumes, as they are logically incompatible.
2. The same goes for rice and pasta, because they contain too many carbohydrates and need to be boiled, which is not allowed on this diet.
3. Concentrated and sugar-loaded Juices and alcohol are unfortunately also on the “no-go“ list. However, sugar-free juices and smoothies that are natural, cold-pressed and freshly prepared are allowed.
4. Logically, you have to part with fast food, too. That means you will have to cancel pizza and burgers completely for a while.
Green Smoothie Recipe And Gourmet Tips - Healthy & Addictive
Recipes for delicious raw food dishes
To make the diet easier for you, I have prepared some delicious recipes that I like to prepare myself at home and often recommend to new raw food dieters. They are all nourishing, delicious and ideal for the diet.
1. Tomato and apple salad with herb dressing
1. Finely chop some thyme.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of soy milk and a little lemon juice.
3. Then stir in the thyme and season with salt, pepper and whether stevia extract or coconut blossom sugar.
4. Peel ½ red onion and cut into fine rings.
5. Slice 1 tomato.
6. ¼ head of iceberg lettuce, cut small.
7. Cut 1 apple of your choice into thin slices.
8. Put the vegetables and fruits in a bowl or plate and then add the yogurt dressing.
2. Melon gazpacho
1. Dice 60 g of melon.
2. Pour into a bowl, finely puree with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and vanilla sugar.
3. Cool it for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Tear 60 g of red currants from the panicles.
5. 1 Cut apricot into slices. Also, dice 60 g of melon.
6. Mix 40 g cashew nut mousse (health food store) and 1 tbsp orange juice.
7. Stir 60 ml red grape juice under the pureed melon.
8. Add melon cubes and red currants.
9. Arrange with mousse and juice mix. Serve remaining ingredients.
10. Sprinkle the soup with 1 teaspoon of almonds and decorate with lemon balm.
3. Herbal quinoa with pomegranate seeds
1. Cut 1 leek onion into rings.
2. Remove 2 tablespoons of the pomegranate seeds from the fruit.
3. The leaves of 3 stems of parsley and coriander; chopped.
4. Mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix everything with 100 g sprouted quinoa.
6. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of almonds for the final “touch”.
4. Salmon avocado tartare in chicory fritters
1. From ¼ of an entire chicory head, remove the outer leaves.
2. Then peel off the remaining.
3. Chop the chives into slant rings and chop the ginger finely.
4. Add 1 shallot for the vinaigrette.
5. Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice and vinegar, ginger, shallot, salt, pepper and 1 tsp of honey.
6. Beat in 2 tbsp of oil.
7. Finely chop 50 g of pickled salmon.
8. Cut the avocado into cubes and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
9. Mix the salmon and avocado and sprinkle with 2/3 of the vinaigrette.
10. Add remaining vinaigrette over 50 g of baby leaf salad.
11. Fill salmon-avocado tartare into 2 pieces of chicory and finely decorate it with the salad.
5. Gazpacho with cucumber & celery
1. Soak 1 sheet of gelatin in cold water.
2. Dice the cucumber and cut ¼ red pepper into small pieces.
3. Mince 200 g of canned tomatoes. Puree with 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Express gelatin and dissolve.
4. Stir 1 tablespoon of gazpacho. Then stir everything under the remaining gazpacho and let cool for 1 hour.
5. Serve gazpacho with cucumber and celery cubes and garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy the refreshing effect.
6. Ham rolls with nut cream
1. Blanch 3 blades of chive with hot water, quench with cold water and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Puree 90 g of soaked macadamia cores with 50 ml of water.
3. Add chopped herbs of your choice.
4. Place 3 slices of raw ham on 1 spinach leaf each.
5. Spread the cream on top, roll up and tie each with a blanched chive blade. Finished!
7.Kiwi apple smoothie
1. Peel 1 small piece of ginger and finely grate.
2. Cut 1 kiwi into pieces.
3. Cut 40 g of cucumber into small pieces.
4. Cut 1 apple into small pieces.
5. Puree everything with a few leaves of mint in a blender.
6. Fill ice cubes and the smoothie in 1 glass and enjoy immediately.
How long does the raw food diet take?
Of course, that’s up to you. How long you stick to the diet depends entirely on how much weight you wish to lose. In principle, there are no regulations.
I would recommend you at least 2 weeks if you want to achieve results. Give your body enough time to adapt to all changes, spill out excess fluid build-ups, detox the body and then lose weight.
The ideal solution would be, of course, that the raw food diet is an incentive to pursue a healthier way of life.
Meaning, you can eat cooked foods again, after the diet ended, but simply more health-conscious than before. Or, even better yet, truly adopt the raw food lifestyle for good.
Your body, mind and soul will highly appreciate it. They will reward you with radiance, the ability to focus and think more clearly, as well as with an abundance of extra energy and well-being.
There are tons of delicious recipes that are wholesome, nutritious and enhance your body’s energy, metabolism and overall well being.
However, if one decides to eat unhealthily again after the diet, the yo-yo effect could set in. Therefore, my advice is not to begin this diet at all in that case, or very slowly go back to the detrimental way of living.
Benefits of the raw food diet
Raw vegetables and fruits contain vitamins that get destroyed during the cooking process. Thus, you absorb many more essential nutrients, including micronutrients and macronutrients, with the raw food diet.
Fruits contain a high proportion of phytochemicals and other vital ingredients when in a pure and unaltered state. In addition, raw food is rich in fiber, which is important for our gut health.
Raw food has detoxifying effects and it frees the body of accumulated fluids, as well.
On a raw food diet, you are not required to count calories as there are only a few calories. In addition, those calories, which you are ingesting, are healthy anyway and have a positive effect on the body (for example, vitamins in fruits and vegetables).
It is easy and inexpensive to make this diet. Also, keep in mind that you will buy everyday food that regular households purchase on a normal day.
In addition, you do not have to cook, bake or anything else. The preparation is simple and fast and the benefits for your physical, mental and spiritual well-being are countless.
All You Should Know About The Raw Food Diet - Make Food Your Ulrimate Healer
Disadvantages of the raw food diet
Raw plant foods do not contain all the nutrients the body needs. So if you opt for a completely vegan, raw food nutrition, you do not absorb enough proteins and fats.
You will have to use a vitamin B12 supplement and some extra protein source, such as protein powders for a shake, etc.
Because of its low caloric content, this diet is unsuitable for athletic people or needs to be supplemented with plenty of raw fish and meat to get enough energy.
In some people, high fiber content leads to flatulence and diarrhea.
If you carry out the raw food diet on a long-term basis and do not pay attention to a balance of the food (for example, too many vegetables, too little fish – too many vitamins, too few proteins), it can lead to deficiency symptoms.
The raw food diet is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women, as women in this condition have an increased requirement for certain nutrients, which the raw food diet may not be able to provide.
My conclusion to the raw food diet
The raw food diet is definitely a healthy, tasty as well as an effective way to lose weight long term. As mentioned above, it may not be for everyone, because it takes a lot of discipline to make it happen, especially at the beginning. However, if you go through with it, and perhaps even learn to enjoy it, you can achieve ideal results.
I, personally, have great success with it. I want to add that I don’t do it for reasons concerning my figure, but rather for spiritual reasons and the enormous health benefits.
Keryn, my good friend and website co-creator, and I are strong advocates of juicing and green smoothies.
Although I am still implementing cooked dinners most days, I am working on eating raw food as a part of my lifestyle.
I, furthermore, know many people who have had great success with the raw food diet. Thus, I hope and wish that you also belong to this group of happy folks soon.
What do you think about the raw food lifestyle? Is it interesting you and are you planning on giving it at least a shot? I guarantee that you most likely will not regret your decision.
Please let us know about your experiences, questions and success stories. We are always looking forward to hearing from you.
Dear co-creators, also don’t forget to subscribe to our website in order to claim your free ebook. Furthermore, please, do like, share and follow us on social media to keep updated and stay in touch.
Meanwhile, I am sending you lots of love, harmony, happiness and an abundance of all good things. Remember that you are beautiful, precious, unique and endlessly loved regardless of what others might say. Thus, keep on shining.